1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help on used plow will it fit ???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by darren how, Dec 25, 2012.

1. darren how

darren how Junior Member
    from canda

Hi guys new to you site looking for some help on buying a used 2011 7.5 ss fisher v plow . that came off 2011 f250 wondering if it will fit my 07 f250 and if not what i have to do to make it work . a friend of my said he can hook up to his truck which is a 05 f250 with fisher plow but he thinks the wirring is different . Any help from you guys would be great . Thanks

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What was the date of manufacture on your truck?

3. RepoMan207

from Maine

Either way, the lights will work, the push plates are different. Just so we're clear...the plow will work on just about any truck (weight being the issue). The only obstacles you need to worry about is setting your truck up to be able to mount and operate the plow....the frame kit (push plates) you need is 7176. His are 7183-2 or something like that. It shouldn't be hard to sell those, and acquire the ones you need....someone may even trade you. Everything else from the previous truck will work (wiring, controller, ISO module...everything).

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  4. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

5. darren how

darren how Junior Member
    from canda

K thanks but can I modify the mount to fit some how ??? Thanks

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

No..you can do whatever you set your mind to...but why bother. Check eBay, they're everywhere. Sell them, and buy the ones you need.

7. darren how

darren how Junior Member
    from canda

Ya you right !!! One more thing will the plow fit on my buddy's 07 so he can pick it up for me

8. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

If your friend has a 3 plug Fisher set up on his truck he hook up to any fisher 3 plug straight blade and run with it, but most important do as Repo-man says and get the correct push plate for your truck, don't start hacking up the others to try and make them fit.

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Darren, he can mount it, but if he isn't setup for multiplex (extremev or xls...), he won't be able to lift it. Simply bring a floor jack, and short chain it. He can plug the lights in, those will work. Just to be clear...your truck isn't setup for a fisher plow now is it?

10. darren how

darren how Junior Member
    from canda

yes my truck has 8ft XBLADE on it now but i want to buy this 7.5 v ss plow . The guy that has this plow sold his 2011 f250 he may have used the plow 4 or 5 times its like new for $4500 he said he paid $7400 for it last year here in canada .

11. darren how

darren how Junior Member
    from canda

Repoman i have my 8ft sold to another guy but he has 2006 f250 so the (push plate) with the new v plow im buying wont fit my truck or his but the wiring from the new v plow will fit my 07 right ? Also do you know where i can get the wiring diegram for the v plow for my 2007 ? Thank alot

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  12. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

I didn't see the V in the first post.

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Really, you can buy that new in the create for under $4000!! Your truck is setup, your plates work on all fisher mm1 & mm2 plows. You need the control harness and controller to make your existing writing work on the xls, xv, and the new straight blades (multiplex). ($200 in wiring, and about $200 on a controller)

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Let me put it like this, yes, his wiring will work if you want to buy his plow, just keep the control harness, power harness, and controller, then sell the rest. Or, you can buy the plow new, $200 worth of wiring, and your good to go. The guy over paid, or is ripping you off ...look around, you'll see what I'm talking about.

15. darren how

darren how Junior Member
    from canda

ok Thanks guys im going to look around see whats out there!!!!!!

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

ohhhhhh, Canada!!! I can't see your location when using my phone. That's another story. They're way overpriced up there. Where abouts in Canada?

17. darren how

darren how Junior Member
    from canda

Im in nfld far east as you can go !!!!

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

You may be better off buying it off him, and keeping the 2 harnesses, and controller, and selling the rest to make up some of the $$.

It's $4400 down here for a brand new one in the crate, minus the truck side stuff. Canada prices are crazy high. I can get a 8.5 XV new in the crate for $4000 in yellow.

As stated before, were your truck is already setup, you only need the 2 harnesses, and a controller to make it all work..part numbers 42014 & 28587 as well as the controller 29800. I would keep it that way, don't sell your components.

For a visual aid, here is a diagram of both a 3 port and 4 port combined multiplex / non multiplex system:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]