1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help on this seasonal contract

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by justinizzi, Oct 3, 2009.

1. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

Hey guys i am bidding on a hotel but it is a seasonal contract and i am not good at bidding on seasonal contracts. The trigger is 2" inches and the lot is open for the most part. We will be using strait salt. Last year we got around 45" to 50" of snow. We will be using our f-550 with a 9 ft plow on this lot. We also have to clear all of the walks . Any ides in a price would help Thanks.

parking lot- 54,000 sq ft.

sidewalks- 745 ft.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Justin,

You'll find out on this site that you will not really get any info in regards to pricing. What you really need to ask yourself (and any members) is how much TIME this will take and multiple that by YOUR hourly rate. Now take that figure and multiple it by the average times in snows in your area.....This will get your seasonal figure. That said without any pics to look at and with your equipmet you stated, you should easily get that lot done in alittle over an hour per pass at 2-3" per pass (assuming there is no cars in the way)..... thats said , various factors can slow you down, parked cars, wet snow, ice, obsticles in the way., ect.......Which could add considerable time. You'll use aprox 1000 lbs of salt per application. I always add salt as an additional costs to my contracts.
    This also assumes that while your plowing, you have another guy taking care of the walks. Are you cacl the walks also? every how many inches? .. if your cacl the walks a good rule is 3 time the cost of the product.... if cacl is $16 per bag, you'd charge $48 per bag applied... now you just have to figure out how much to use (spread rates are on the products bag)

HIH

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009