1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on small strip mall bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by klem, Nov 18, 2009.

1. klem

klem Junior Member
    from Chicago

here is a quick drawing of the property... its approximately 28,000 sq ft (if I remember correctly)

This has side walks along the front of the buildings, but not much...

I need help bidding this are with and without salting in the chicago land area...

any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Attached Files:

2. klem

klem Junior Member
    from Chicago

Man it's hard to get some advice from anybody at times.....but I got all the exact measurements and the lot is 28,760 sq ft... I put in a bid at $220 with salting and shoveling by the doors and around the dumpsters in the rear (about 7 doors and 6 dumpsters) per push up to 6'. I don't know if I made an offer thats too high, or too low...please can somebody help so I know for future reference? How much would you guys charge?

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Somewhere between $1 and $1,000.

I think you did just fine.

4. kirkmue

kirkmue Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

It looks good man. Its tough to quote based on a drawing, I have to actually see it. I may have come in a little lower, but I think you did pretty well.

5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

calculate your costs per hour for your truck , plow and spreader

we have a bidding and estimating package available at www.profitsareus.com that includes a comprehensive manual, CD with many templates that are customizable by you in microsoft word and a CD that calculates time and material for plowing, shoveling, hand labor.

Any questions, call us at 800-845-0499

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Wayne, why is your snow package more expensive than the two cds if purchased seperately?

7. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Snow Question

The snow & ice package includes a printed comprehensive manual as well that includes how to calculate costs per hour of operation, bidding jobs, application rates and more. Thanks for the question. If you have any additional questions, let me know.

Have a great day, let it snow!