1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on quoting a resturant parking lot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jguck25, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I just need some help on giving a quote to a restuarant because i have no idea what to charge.. I have done multiple searches and all i have found is "give them an hourly price" but they dont want that and i do not want to do that.. The parking lot is roughly 450 feet long and on average about 150 wide.. It is pretty rectangular.. I would just need a per push price and I am from new hampshire if that helps at all..

I was thinking around 125 for plowing and another 125 for sanding/salting? but im not too sure about these numbers, i just judged that it would take about an hour to do.
    How much sand/salt do you think it would take? I buy it mixed for 55 a yard and have a two yard sander
    thank you for all the help
  2. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

And as for the sanding/salting, I do not think the whole parking lot would need it because some of it gets really far away from the building and not too much parking up there. So about 3/4 of the lot would need that
  3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

do you know what you need to make per hour? that lot should take about an hour.

as for salt there are varibles to knowing how much you will need i.e; surface type, traffic, sunlight exposure,etc.....
  4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I think your to low on both, but I don't really know the going rates for your area.
  5. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

yeah i had a feeling that i was too low on the quote.. how much too low? I am from new hampshire and I know everyone say to know how much you need to make per hour, but I do not really know how to figure that out.. Is there a specific formula? I do have commercial vehicle and general liability, and payments to make on my truck, but i just do not know how to boil all my costs down into a per hour rate..

I sound like a complete newbe right now and that is true for commercial places of this size, but have been doing residentials and small commercial for a while now..

I have done searches and found out that people typically consider an acre to be about an hour of plowing, but i have not been able to find out how much people usually charge per acre
  6. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

It's going to depend on the area you're in as too an hourly rate. Personally, I would like to be around $175-$200 per hour if its my own contract (plowing only).