1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on pricing this job PLZ HELP

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mikelandscaping, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

I was offered a job today its a historic house. The driveway is estimated at 6000 sq feet 200 lenth 30 width (ESTIMATED GUESS). What would you guys charge for it?

Mike's Landscaping
  2. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

$150 to $180 with out looking at it
  3. Mikelandscaping

I looked at it and its pretty long but i can do it im just trying to figure a price
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If this is a straight driveway then what is so hard. 6-8 passes. Pushing straight in. 10-15 minutes tops. $60.00
  5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Yeah I agree- if it's easy as in straight and long with no obsticles at the end or sides to contend with I would go $60-70.
    You add to the cost if your dealing with garages/coachouses, walls, hills, etc (obviously)

BTW I charge per pass...
  6. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

You can't give him a Canadian price for to a job in Connecticut. Prices are lot higher in the Tri State area. Our cost for insurance labor rent and other over head costs are much higher than you have up north.
  7. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

I was thinking 80.00 right off the bat if it was straight.(2"-6") I was kinda shocked about the first price thought I was lowballer for a second. Then I saw the other prices and I said thank goodness, I am not a lowballer.
  8. empire

empire Member

100.00 Ct price.
  9. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

$85.00 sounds very fair,for each time
  10. Mikelandscaping

Its in Rhode Islad just over the border of CT. Im thinking of going 85 or 100
  11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Why do you think my overhead is so low? My truck insurance is $1200 to $1400 per unit(Canadian) and my plowing insurance alone is $5100 (Canadian). If you can't do 3 or 4 of those places an hour and make $180 to $240 per hour(either currency) then I don't know what to say.
  12. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Gee, no wonder I have no shortage of customers- you guys charge too much- LOL
    Guess I could raise my rates after this season then.
  13. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

NO shortage of customers here !!!!! Our rates are competitive to most contractors around here. ( 100-150 per hour ) I have to turn customers away. Every snow storm our phones ring off the hook from other contractors needing our help..why ? Because they know they will get quality-ontime work. As for those contractors who charge "very" low prices just to get the job......Yes, their customers call too..looking for a "quality snow plowing contractor". Once I get a customer their always a customer.

The foundation of any great company is rooted in its service.

Treat every customer as if your world revolves around them..it does.
  14. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Why were you offered the job? Was the last guy too expensive? Did he do an unsatisfactory job? By "Historic House", do you mean that it is owned by a private person or is it owned by a government agency or town?

I would say I agree with cet and that if it only takes 10 minutes to do $60 isn't too bad if it is a private person and they are paying cash. I wouldn't overprice the job if it is an easy push, remember the guy asked you for a quote and that means he isn't happy with who he has...