1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on pricing in sw pennsylvania area

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by richardlewis, Sep 16, 2004.

1. richardlewis

richardlewis Member

Can anyone tell me what would be a reasonable rate to charge for a lot that is 100x100. I'm trying to charge customers per inch. This is my first year and I think it would be easier for now since I don't know how much I would do per season yet. Also when you cold call a customer what kind of information do you tell them and who do you ask to speak to. If anyone can send me a sample contract I would love to see it...not to copy just for reference.

2. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Richard, as anyone has seen mine posts, I am a big fan of cold calling rather than spending money on fliers. Most commercial customers wont do any business off of a flyer. I typically call and ask for the maintenance director.find out if they are putting the plowing out to bid, or interested in seeing you on it. With anything you sell, service or product you need to qualify the customer before you invest time. Do they sub out the work? is the area big enought to make the money to cover the leg work and the labor involved.do they seem to have the funds to pay you. I deal mostly with healthcare customers.many change names and ownership often, so make sure you have a signed contract.hope this helps./just rememeber, follow up is key..and show up when it snows before they call you.