1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on pricing drive ways

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by curtiss, Jan 31, 2012.

1. curtiss

curtiss Member

Hi all im kinda new to the plowing not sure how to charge per driveway my minimum is charging $30. is that to little or what.? All i am doing is stopping in places and giving them a "business" card to keep me in mind any idea on how to get more/make more $ thanks

Curtiss

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Id say $30 is a good base, depending on the driveway. But you have to take into account the "challenge" of doing the driveway, I charge less if all I have to do is just push straight down and then Im done. But everyone is different.

3. curtiss

curtiss Member

the driveways i do some i back drag then push but some times i get ones where its just a stright push

4. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

depending on how u have to backdrag and stuff you can always charge an extra 5 bucks. Some do that.

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Without seeing a driveway i cant give exact numbers, But my minimum is $35 bucks thats for the tiny little driveways which i dont really do. And my average is $50-55 bucks. for the straight shot driveways, I get as close to the garage doors as i can and move on, I don't get out to shovel. My highest driveway is $200 bucks its a long windy gravel drive about half a mile long.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  6. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

there are 50' drives and 5000' drives . explain your theory

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'm just curious as to why this is in the NON-commercial section.

8. curtiss

curtiss Member

small res drives 50' go for 30$ and go up i go by eye when i charge nothing gets done for under 30$ though.

9. curtiss

curtiss Member

just kinda posted it :cool:

10. curtiss

curtiss Member

yea ive been trying to hit the larger driveways more $$ and i try not getting the shovel out

11. 2ExploreSnow

2ExploreSnow Member

You should figure out what it costs you run your truck... I know, sounds obvious. Then figuring out a min works itself out.

You may want to consider doing front walkways, stairs, maybe even a porch. True, some have their kids do it, but others may be willing have you add it to the bill... that may include using some de-icer.

12. curtiss

curtiss Member

thats why i dont charge below 30$ on a job
    oh yea i will break out the shovel once and awhile and as for de-icer/sand i charge extra. payup

13. RepoMan1968

so you can do a 50' drive on 9% grade with 16'' on it for 30 bux ? YOUR HIRED.

14. curtiss

curtiss Member

well like i said "small res drives 50' go for 30$ and go up i go by eye when i charge nothing gets done for under 30$ though." everything i do goes by eye or experience.

15. RepoMan1968

gotcha .Thumbs Up

16. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

I would make that per push.....not per storm. our min is $35 but it is per push. We offer shoveling but make sure if you do break out a shovel.....charge accordingly. We have a couple houses where the walks cost more than the driveway.

17. curtiss

curtiss Member

Ohhh yea i figured that out once as soon as i drop the plow they get charged per push made a mistake before and as for the sidewalks :dizzy: had a few of those before.

18. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

In North Jersey, I charge $75 per hour 1 hr minimum, then 1/4 hour billing after that rounded to the next highest 1/4 hr. So if it takes me 1 hr 20 minutes, then they are billed for 1 hr 30 minutes at $75 per hour. I also charge $25 per hour for snow blowing same 1 hr minimum and same 1/4 hr addition. I have 15 contracts at this time, two of them are factory lots and one is a church lot.

Thanks, Tony

19. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

lol There is a reason you only have 15 accounts, Your pricing structure is retard3d. So your saying if you plow a driveway no matter how long it takes you, you charge 75 bucks minimum? then another charge for billing??? Come on man get with the program here.

20. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

your prices work for you my prices work for me your editorial reply is not needed nor appreciated