1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on pricing a job for a friend

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by dss56, Nov 15, 2010.

1. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

I need some help on pricing this driveway for a friend. It's about 250 feet in and about 1.5 car lengths wide with cars parked on the side of the house. I did go to the property and it looks like I will have to push snow all the way to the end and turn around and drive back out and make another push. The reason I'm asking is it would be to hard to back out all that way 250 feet out. On the side to the left going in there are these huge cement retainer blocks piled 2 high about 4 feet high and I feel all the snow should be pushed to the end and a turn around made so I can drive back out to the main street and then drive back in a clean the left side all the way to the back.

He also want the stairs cleaned and sanded. What would be a fair price for this? I was thinking $75 for the plow job and $20.00 per cleaned/sanded stairs possible. There are 4 stairs 2 lower front and back and same for the 2nd floor front and rear. I don't know how many stairs he wants cleaned.

Looking for a good estimate to pass along.

Click on link its Ledgwood drive the one with the 3 cars parked. The first house in on the right gets the benefit of having the road plowed.

Bing Maps
    http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...ere1=11 Ledgewood Terr, Malden, MA 02148-3502

thanks

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010