1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help on painting my snow way

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by snow plowman, Aug 25, 2008.

1. snow plowman

snow plowman Senior Member

hi i am trying to paint my snow way but i dont know what kind to get im looking for a good paint but cheep lol if u have any help on what kind to get pls let me know thx

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Preperation is the key to paint. Prep it well then use a good oil based paint or buy some Snoway paint from your dealer. You're just painting the frame, correct?

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I clean and sand mine well, use a good primer and Menards has a rustoleum paint that has the same color and speckle as the factory color.

4. snow plowman

the fram and blad not the cuting ege thow

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh, ure rustoleum. But make sure you remove all the lose paint and smooth out as much rust as you can.

6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

wouldnt all you need is clear top coat? :D

7. snow plowman

my snow way dealer only has the 5ounce cans and thay cant get any biger ones for me and thay are 6$ a can so if u guys have any other thing i can get pls let meknow thx oh im in a tiny town i have it all sanded and rady to go just need the paint lol i hope

8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

We have paint available in 12 oz spray cans available.

Black part # is 97100644

9. snow plowman

i need it in gray

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Go to a paint store ot auto supply store and tell them what your doing and what they reccomend. Painting isn't rocket science, prime it, two top coats of the best paint you can afford. Basher is right, prep is everything. You can use a small roller on all the large parts and then touch up with a spray bomb or brush. :drinkup:

11. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Gray part # 97100908

How old is your plow? Is it black and silver, or is it the 2 toned speckled silver vein? If is is the silver vein we do not offer a pre-mixed touch up for it.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But it is available form rustolum in their "hammered" finish

13. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

That's what I use. It is just a shade different then factory paint but it is reasonable priced and a close match.

14. snow plowman

it a 01 snow way mtd i think or something like that this is my first snow way and i love it but i need to paint it to make it look batter wen i plow and some of my jobs i have ben preping it all week and now i just need the paint lol ill look around some more ill try to get pics up for u guys soon