1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on mount

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by wmars1776, Sep 23, 2009.

1. wmars1776

wmars1776 Junior Member

Hi,
    I am new to this site and have a question. I have a 97 Chevy Silverado with the tubular Meyer mount for a 7.5. I am looking at a 2003 GMC Sierra. Knowing my luck the mount on the 97 won't fit on the 03. There is one dealer in Rhode Island and he is telling me the mount is $800 (not installed) Does this make sense? Any advice would be appreciated. Is there a way to modify the existing mount to fit the 03? BTW - I only use this on my property and a couple of neighbors - not heavy use.
    Thanks,
    Bill

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  2. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

I'd never pay 800 for the moumt, but I know that's the price. Check Ebay and craigslist. If you are good with tools, you can probably adapt the one from 97 to 03 (are they both 1500 ?). My first plow mount (Snoway) I converted from 96 Bronco to 2006 Ram 2500, and now I adapted Hoemsteader mount from 2002 Jeep Liberty to 06 Explorer. I used angle grinder with a cutting wheel and 1/2 drill to make 1/2 and 5/8 holes. It's a few day process, I would pre-fit the old mount to the new truck, see what brackets I am missing, would make templates out of 1/2 plywood and order them from a iron shop. I would just tell the guy;this is what I need but in iron :) It'd cost me $ 150 vs whatever the dealers wanted.

3. wmars1776

wmars1776 Junior Member

plow mount

Thanks for the info. I figured it could ba adapted. All the basics are there just maybe a little welding. .

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

http://www.meyerproducts.com/eztransfer/originalvehicle.asp

use the easy transfer system it will tell you what you need not only black iron but wiring as well. I suggest you buy a pre-designed unit rather then build the mount. it should be relatively easy to find used if you don't want to spring for a new one.

5. TubedYota

TubedYota Member

The way I look at it is "If it's made of metal it can be done" you prolly only need the mount for the clevis for your truck and some wiring, but shouldn't be that hard to do. I'd suggest talkin to Chuck......you can even fab up a clevis mount to your truck as long as you make it strong it should be fine.

6. wmars1776

wmars1776 Junior Member

plow mount

Thanks for that link - that makes it very easy!

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

If you find the correct mount and want to sell the old one keep me in mind, I'm just north in Mass.

Jay
    508 753 6617

8. wmars1776

wmars1776 Junior Member

OK I will let you know. there is a local guy who says he can convert it. Checking that out this weekend.

9. RickInTennessee

RickInTennessee Junior Member
    from Indiana

Im looking for a EZ Meyer mount for a 95 chevy 3/4 ton ...I have a mount that came with the plow that came off of a 96 Ford F-450 if anyone would be interetsed in a trade or wants to buy the ford mount that would be ok too

10. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Is your 03 a 1500 or 2500?

If it is a 2500 I have a mount that I would be willing to trade.

If yours is a 1500, before you cut up the mount I have a EZ Mount classic that is in good shape, it would be a good candidate to modify for your 03, I'd like to see if we can work some type of trade.

Let me know
    Jay
    508 753 6617