1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on mount for old westie

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by himeeto69, Jan 29, 2009.

1. himeeto69

himeeto69 Junior Member

I have a western snow plow. It is an 8 footer with the full hydraulics. I need to know what the name of mount that I should be looking for my vehicle. I have a 2000 Chevy 2500 4x4 that I want to put it on but I have no idea what the name of the mounting system. I know the newer ones are the ultra mount and unimounts but I can't seem to find the name of the older types. Below is a link to the pictures so you can see what it looks like. If anyone knows where I can get the mount from and about how much, I would surely appreciate it. If anyone has one and would be willing to ship it email me at:

http://photobucket.com/westernplow

helpinghand_handymen@hotmail.com

My plow 1.jpg

my plow 2.jpg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's called homemade. :D

If your 2000 is the Silverado body style you won't find a store bought mount for it...the plows just too old.

But if it's the classic body then you'd be looking for a "conventional" mount. And that would be Western model # 1540...mount p/n 61075.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

b&b is right. not going on a new chevy. not without major fabrication.

4. himeeto69

himeeto69 Junior Member

More help on Mark IIIA

I found out that it's the Mark IIIA Isarmatic pump. I am wondering where I can find replacement parts and instructions on how to hook up everything up. What goes where, what hooks up where, if it needs a solenoid. I would like all hook up instructions. I have googled but all the info. is a little vague. Thanks and advance.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's where you want to go for all that info: Western info