1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on Minute Mount

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by SDplower, Jan 21, 2016.

1. SDplower

SDplower Junior Member

Hi Guys,

I've searched and it seems as though I haven't come across this problem yet. I have an 02 7.3 powerstroke with a Fisher Minute Mount setup. Currently my plow will not move up or down, left/right. When I move the joystick...the motor starts humming but no movement. And then there is where it gets wierd...I turn the ignition off and the motor is still running when both plow cables are hooked up. What's going on with that? Now if I unplug the harness on the driver side of the plow...the motor will run when I go up/down, left,right and will not keep running. Still no movement at all with the plow. As soon as I hook up the driver side cable to the plow and try to move the joystick...the motor just continually runs and the only way for me to shut if off is to unplug the driver side harness. Also as a sidenote....I have no low beams on truck or plow...even when plow is unhooked. Anything you guys can do to help me would be great!!! I have...installed a new solenoid, drained fluid and changed with a cleaned filter. Checked and greased connections.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Is this a new issue?
    Did you do anything new to the truck/plow?

3. SDplower

SDplower Junior Member

Yes...it is. The other day when I was plowing...it seemed as thought the plow started slowing down in function and then finally just stopped moving...but the plow motor was making noise. I did replace the power cable to the motor because I noticed some melt through on it. I went through the two relays on the light harness side and thought maybe I hooked them back up wrong but I checked the schematic and as far as I can tell...they are in the right spots. I did a new solenoid because I thought that could of been an issue too. Could a bad joystick be the culprit?? Thanks for your response dieselss!

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

This is just a possibility. You stated that the battery cables started to melt? Do you have a clamp on meter to see the motor amperage draw. The electric motor could be failing drawing to many amps. Also did you check to see if the fluid pump turns freely?

5. SDplower

SDplower Junior Member

Hi Randall Ave...thanks for your input here! The motor is brand new just this past spring. I took it to the vendor I got it from and he said it tested all good. With the motor off...the fluid pump shaft turns freely.

6. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I know I might sound like a broken record or a rehash of many a post but have checked the ground wires? I mean really checked them. Taken them lose and cleaned the surfaces and reattached them?

7. SDplower

SDplower Junior Member

I thought I have...but I will go through them again!

8. SDplower

SDplower Junior Member

Is there a way to test the valves? Could one of them be stuck?

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You would have to remove them, inspect, then use one of the coils with a battery to operate the valve.
    Was the melting before or after you replaced the motor?

10. SDplower

SDplower Junior Member

Thanks for the replies! I found out what the problem was...I went through all my grounds again and found one that was not in the right place. I got it all put back together and it worked great for a bit. Then it started moving real slow. I drained the fluid, cleaned filter, and put new fluid in. It is still hardly moving. I just don't know!!