1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help on meyer e-60

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by landen101, Mar 9, 2014.

1. landen101

landen101 Junior Member

My pump cover was cracked and it blew the other day. So I ordered the new one and put it on and added fluid. The problem I have is it will not raise the plow now but the motor is running when the up button is pushed. I just had all new seals and a motor put on. Looking for some answer.

2. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

You pinched the cylinder oring when putting the cap on, or have pieces of the cap stuck inside keeping the seal for cylinder from seating, or you lost that oring when you put the cap on.

3. landen101

landen101 Junior Member

ok i'll take it back off and take a look and try again

4. landen101

landen101 Junior Member

could it be a coil issue

5. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

No. You didn't change anything with the coils. Motor running and nothing happening on the pump is a bypass symptom, which happens when something won't hold pressure. Aka bad o ring. Logical assumption is that you pinched the oring for the bottom of the cylinder that the ram is inside of, or didn't install it, or accidentally pinched the housing and now have shavings between the lift cylinder and oring.

Either way, it's a problem with what you did.

I assume you didn't put new Orings in the top with the new cap. You should probably do so.