1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on Meijers Parking Lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dsnvd, Jul 8, 2008.

1. dsnvd

dsnvd Junior Member

Can anyone out there give me tips on bidding a meijers parking lot. I was asked to give an estimate on snow removal and have no idea on how to bid something that big. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  2. 08F3506.4L

08F3506.4L Member

Alot goes into something that big. I had my fair share of big lots and they are OK at best. Meijer is not so fun since they are always open! If I was bidding on a Meijer I would make damn sure to cover your butt because it can go both ways in a hurry. I will never do a Meijer I like medium size lots. I see you are from MI where abouts?

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Hate to say this but,

You better have alot more equipment lined up now other than your one truck or you will be living at meijers for the winter and still trying to get caught up in july.

If youve never done anything even close to half the size of a meijers, your probably better off not bidding on it now and working your way up to something that size over the next couple of years.

4. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

first of all what do you have for plowing equipment. b/c you are gonna need a lot to plow that lot.

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Alot of Equipment,

Pushbox
    Vbox
    ECT

And theres no way I would do it for any thing less then by the hour

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Dont bid it. By what you are asking you cant handle it. The truth hurts sometimes.