1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on makin website!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by B.Bells, Oct 13, 2009.

1. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

im ready to start my website but have no clues in even where to begin, I've looked at a few of the web sites that ppl have on here and some are really nice.. any help here would be awsome! thanks!:drinkup:

2. mdscarpa

mdscarpa Junior Member

Take a look at my website, I made it a few years ago, its nothing elaborate but in this business just having a website is a huge step up from average. http://www.freedomlandscapect.com I also own a computer service business and would be more then happy to duplicate my site with content for your specific company if you like it. My site also has a back end that makes it easily user editable. PM me if you are interested and let me know what your price range is and we can figure something out or I can point you in the right direction.

3. SPD

SPD Inactive

Get a hold of me I can set you up a Search Engine Optimized site for Free. You will just have to add your content and choose your design and layout.

Rob

4. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I made my site using google apps. Just google that and you can buy you URL site name and build your website. Check mine out to see what you think. www.GoGreenstone.com

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I will give you a hint don't steal pictures from others websites.

6. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I am also interested in this as well. This was going to be my winter project. I have no idea where to start to get set up.

7. SPD

SPD Inactive

This is a great tip. Some people will get very mad. There are tons of images at www.istockphoto.com yes you will have to buy them but they are cheap and have anythign you could imagine.

8. SPD

SPD Inactive

Give me a call RB I can help you out.

Rob
    216-408-9874

9. Precedence

Precedence Senior Member

Do you know anything about HTML?

If you know how to code with HTML you can find all kinds of free templates for webpages, do a google search for "open source web design" and you will find tons of stuff.

Hosting is pretty cheap and easy to do also, i have bluehost.com for $7 per month and they give you a ton of stuff for that.

10. SPD

SPD Inactive

Did you get anywhere on your site yet? let me know if I can help you out in anyway.

Rob

11. Ketch

Ketch Member

Take a peek at both of mine, we make them all in-house. All the graphics, everything. Any pics we don't make, we purchase from media websites. They're a great resource! We're adding a few very unique things to commercialsnowservices.com in the coming weeks, can't say much now, PM for details. ussmileyflag

12. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

Here is a tip from a guy who knows something about protecting your image.

Make sure you shop for a reputable hosting service which is concerned with security! There is not much worse than coming into work and finding out somebody has either hacked your site or squated on your domain or worse hacked the hosting companies dns so your domain name is redirected to some other site full of smut which hands out viruses to every body that visits it.

Ask the hosting sevice if they do regular penetration and vulnerability assesments. If they take credit cards as a billing method ask them if they are PCI certified. If either answer is no, then keep shopping.

Steve

13. Ketch

Ketch Member

GoDaddy is fantastic - I'd recommend them to anybody but the competition! wesport