1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on headlight harness

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by BlueOvalBoy, Dec 9, 2006.

1. BlueOvalBoy

BlueOvalBoy Member

I have an '06 GMC 2500HD Crewcab 4x4 Duramax/Allison. I installed a used c-plow from a 2000-2002 GMC (it was somewhere around that model year truck). My problem is the wiring harness for the headlights. I keep blowing the fuses for the headlights. A friend suggested that GM changed some wires around on the newer trucks and that could be the issue. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or any insight on what I can do? I'd like to get this resolved before the next big snow.

Thanks
    B

2. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

This is what was for my 04 1500, it should be the same.

hiniker38813042-i.jpg

3. BlueOvalBoy

BlueOvalBoy Member

Thanks Lawns & More, I'll try that and see what I get. I'm hoping that works. Do you know if GM changed the wiring on the headlight harness is the past few years?

4. Proscapez LLC

I just double check and It calls for the same wiring harness, So I doubt it.

Pull out your ohm meter and test it against that sheet.

5. BlueOvalBoy

BlueOvalBoy Member

That is the exact harness I have, except for some reason the previous owner had cobbled up the wiring. Per your pic above I have re-wired the harness to the schematic. I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Could you check this link and tell me what harness this is?
    http://www.centralparts.com/ProductDetails10655.aspx

Is the harness that I have part of this package?

Thanks again,
    B

6. Proscapez LLC

the link doesnt work for me.

7. BlueOvalBoy

BlueOvalBoy Member

Here is a pic of the harness in the link that won't work,sorry about that.

[​IMG]

7400_snowplowparts.jpg

8. Proscapez LLC

That looks like it except that CDI looking box, I don't have.

9. BlueOvalBoy

BlueOvalBoy Member

Thanks to Lawns & More, I was able to figure out the wiring on my GMC. It turns out the GM reversed the pos(+) and neg(-) wires on both the high and low headlights. That's why I was blowing fuses. Once I reversed the feed wires on the harness, I was good to go. :D Thanks for everyone's help.

B

10. Proscapez LLC

I'm happy I could help

11. BlueOvalBoy

BlueOvalBoy Member

Update on the headlight wiring harness adapter. After my wife informed me that the high and low beams were reversed I realized GM not only switched the positive and negative feed wires for the lights but also the low and high beam connectors. They stayed with the same colors (yellow, green and white) but changed everything else around.

12. BlueOvalBoy

BlueOvalBoy Member

Double post- deleted

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006