1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on E60H....

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by LON, Mar 12, 2007.

1. LON

LON Senior Member

Other Meyer experts, need some help on this one as I've not seen it before. The attached pic shows the problem I have w/ an E60H lift ram. The ram is bent down at the stud and I can't see what is causing it. The original ram was bent the same way. The barrel is riding on the inside of the top cap as well. I believe it is what is causing this unit to allow the blade to drift down (by pulling the barrel sideways enough to lift the barrel a little off the base o-ring). After putting this new ram in it worked great for about the first 8 hours and then it started drifting down. It is the only problem I can find in this unit. Any ideas? Bronze guides on the ram are square in the bore.
    Lon

MVC-024S.JPG

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Seggi, if your talking about the lower side of the mounting hole for the bolt to go in. That's common wear on a meyer lift ram. Check the oring on the inside of the brass bushing as well as the base seal on the ram. Either of these will cause slow seapage and drop.

The H's need to be mounted in the closer hole to the lift tower as well to help reduce the torque arm on the units.

P.S. wander over to Jerres.com for the videos of the blower on the truck from the day you rode as well as after tuning up the motor.

Call if you have any other problems.

jerre

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Lon, is this a "carry in" pump or did you remove it yourself from the truck? I went through this same thing once with an H style pump. It was a carry in and I never saw the truck the first time. After replacing the lift ram the second time I had him bring the truck in and right away I saw the problem. He was running the pump bolt in the rear hole on the lift arm instead of the front one and when the ram would raise the lift arm was nearly straight up and down but the ram still had more travel in it and it would bind the ram up due to the steep geometry caused by the lift arm, the arm was basically traveling "over center" and placing an extreme amount of bending force on the ram. Hope this help's.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

LON, did you find the problem with what was bending the ram?

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

B&B, I think he's taking a nap again......

I know what your talking about with the geometry. We've had some of them come in with them bound up and wondering why they won't lift. Only to find they had the old style lift arms on them.

Seggi's probably had at work on ditch mowers with the temp changes.

Hope he get's it taken care of.

Jerre

6. LON

LON Senior Member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :sleeping: No sir I'm not napping, I running scenario's of possible problems on the screen on the back of my eyelids! :dizzy:
    Had wondered what was the cause of the dent on the back of the tank near the top. Well it comes from being on a universal bumper to axle hitch that is used on a F700. When the ram goes to full stroke the tank contacts the top cross beam where the lift arm attaches. Still about 1" of stroke left when it contacts so that is what was causing the bending of the ram :realmad: . 'nother new one to me. Ended up lengthening the lift arm about 1-1/2" to get it not to contact.
    Lon

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ahhhhhh, the dreaded tell tail sign, a dented cyl tank. Glad to hear you got it figured out LON as those replacement rams get expensive after a while.