1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help on diamond 60 quick lift

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by w4hyi, Dec 12, 2009.

1. w4hyi

w4hyi Member

the pump will go up and come down with the weight of the plow on it but if you push down with your hand on go I had to stand and jump no the lift arm to unhook the chain I have had e-60's and 47's before and u could push them down easy this one I can't any ideal why it's so hard thanks

2. finallygot1

finallygot1 Member

Is your controller turn on in the cab and in the float position?

3. w4hyi

w4hyi Member

yes this is not frist time in float the plow comes down like I said in my post but u can not push it down the rest of the way like you should be able to had to stand on the lift arm and jump on it

4. finallygot1

finallygot1 Member

When it drops with the plow on, is it very slow? I had my drop travel adjusted to tight and I couldn't push it down by hand. I am new at this, maybe some of the veterans will pitch in........

5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Fluid overfilled ?

Bent lift ram ?

Drop adjustment ?

Clogged A cartridge ?

Just a few off the top of my head.:D

TOM

6. w4hyi

w4hyi Member

fuild is ok lift ram is ok the adjustment screw if I tighten it all the way up plow will not drop lossen it all way out the plow comes down the same way but you still can't push the lift arm down with out using a bar or jumping on it every pump I have seen you can push the lift arm down the rest of the way easy to unhook the chain I have not checked the A cartridge maybe today in the rain

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Crap in the quill (drop adjustment) bent ram. hard to check the ram with-out dis-assembling the pump.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't overlook the A valve filter either. It's located behind the hex plug next to the drop speed screw plug.

In this case I'd pull the A valve and see if it then lowers easily by hand (have a drain pan and plenty of shop towels ready). If it does, then you know it's an A valve issue. If it doesn't then it's a plugged filter, bent ram, dragging packing cup or worn guide ring. Those take further diagnosis.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

could be a bent A coil barrel restricting motion:nod: