1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on Commercial bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by truckitup, Aug 2, 2012.

1. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Working on a bid for a 357,723 SQ feet lot. It will need a loader and a 14-16 foot pusher. Plus salt. It is an easy push. They need the front, and part of the back of it done by 9am and then all of it after 4pm. They currently have a per push rate, and a per ton on salt. We average about 100 inches of snow here a year.

I do not like the per push rate due to the Loader expense and last year winter of 55 inches of snow, you can lose you’re a$$ quick. I want to bid it as an unlimited per push contract with salting per trip. Any help would be great.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So you want a seasonal price?
  3. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Seasonal On the Plowing, and a per trip on the salting. They will not do a seasonal with both included. I wish they would.

4. wewille

wewille Senior Member

How many events on average? I think I would push that for about $738 per push in my area then I would multiply by average number of events. Grandview explained the seasonal deal to me and ive had good success so far and i highly recommend it. As far as salt you have about 8 acres there and about 275lbs/acre average. I mark my salt up about 3x purchase cost thats how i do it.