1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help on choosing thew right plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Geary44, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

hey guys i have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 with a hemi. i was just wondering what the difference between the meyer DPP 7' 6" and the meyer STP 7' 6" and wich is a more durable plow

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The drive pro(dpp) does not have a trip edge,the st series do...the stp is poly,regular st are steel. The st series claim to be more rugged of the 2

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  3. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

thanks for the help

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

The DPP and The STP are both "Full Trip Blades" The DPP is the newest series of plows from Meyer. The DPP is suppose to be lighter , but stronger, only time will tell. The ST series plows have been around for ever! Certainly they have stood up to the test of time.

I belive the recommend the Meyer STL 7.5 for your Dodge 1500. The STP or ST 7.5 may be just a bit too heavy.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

For a guy that sells parts you sure don't know your product:dizzy:, or were you just looking to throw another ad in our face????

Neither the DPP or the ST (Includes stl, stp) series Meyer units are trip edge.
    Link to the Meyer products page http://www.meyerproducts.com/products/plows2.asp?UseTypeID=1

If I was buying a Meyer plow for your dodge 1500 I would go with the STL for weight purposes.

Meyer weights
    DP: 575lbs
    DPP; 608lbs
    STL; 520lbs

The manufacturer does not recommend the 1500 class Dodge for snowplow applications so I would look for the lightest unit available for the truck while still being at least 7'6". Other manufacturers make lighter units for your truck, Snoway and Boss both make poly plows that weigh in at less then 450lbs and have the benefit(IMO) of direct lift. DDizzard (Blizzard) offers a direct lift 8 foot steel unit that only weighes 476lbs.

I would also recommend Timbrens for the front end and 400/500lbs of rear mounted ballast.

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

We have been running a STP 7.5 on an 88 blazer for a few years now..It does mostly commercial jobs & it's ran pretty hard. I have been very impressed with the way this plow has held up and performed, considering it is a "light duty plow"........I would think that the truck you have would handle it just fine, but you would definitely want timbrens.