1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on choosing the right plow for my truck

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Geary44, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

Hey there guys i'm knew to this website. here's my question... i have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 with a hemi. and i dont know which plow would be best for my truck weight wise. i will be doing residential jobs mostly and some light commercial. thanks guys

2. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

3. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

sorry i meant what name brand of plow will be the most durable and will be within the weight limit for my truck. i think i have it narrowed down between meyer or blizzard.if i go with MEYER it will be either the meyer DPP 7' 6" or the Meyer STP 7' 6". and if I go with a blizzard it will either be the 8000LT and the Speedwing. What do you guys think would be the best overall for my truck in all aspects. thanks again

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher bought Blizzard and used some of there design and then improved it a bit. I would look into the new Fisher HT plow. Its has the cutting angle of an Xblade. plus they only weigh about 400 pounds. I am not a big fan of Myers. So I would say pass on the Myer

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

For a Dodge go with the Snoway with down pressure if your doing a lot of driveways.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

To start Dodge does not recommend you installing a plow on that truck. We have installed the 26 series Snoway on them with good success but I still would suggest ballast and a set of timbrens. The 26 series Lexan blade with DP would be the chioce for your unit. light weight yet strong, direct lift, enclosed hydraulics, it is what fisher is atempting to copy with their HT. Available with a Poly wear edge to make it even lighter with the added benifit of making the blade more suitable for pavers and sealed blacktop.