1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on bidding please!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by BIG BLAKE, Oct 6, 2011.

1. BIG BLAKE

BIG BLAKE Junior Member

ussmileyflagI have a commercial client just outside Boston. They want a bid per storm.

ie. 1-3" 3-6" 6-9" 9-12" 12"+ PER INCH

lot is approx 110,000 sq. ft. WIDE OPEN

then right across the street they have another lot... appox 80,000 sq. ft maybe 2 islands, and 10 loading docks...

I plan on having 2 F-450's with 9' plows there, and I will pull in once in while and pitch in with my 350:)drinkup:)... and when needed bring over my bobcat or backhoe, my shop is not even 1/2 mile from the site... how do I go about pricing this out?

HELLLPP!

thanks for looking!

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Are you bidding directly with the property owner or is it a management co?

3. BIG BLAKE

BIG BLAKE Junior Member

head of grounds

4. BIG BLAKE

BIG BLAKE Junior Member

head of grounds, so yes property owner

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Alright.... do you have hourly hourly costs per pc of equipment figured out yet? What have you plowed in the past?

6. BIG BLAKE

BIG BLAKE Junior Member

i would like to shoot for 80/hr each truck

110 backhoe when needed
    and 65-75 for bobcat when needed

weve done an aparment complex but at one set price for the year..

7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Generally speaking you can plow roughly 1 ac per hour with a truck and blade.. figure out how long its going to take you and multiple it by your hourly price (costs and margins combined).... bingo you've got your price... but if you have your backhoe why not do the lot(s) with that and put the trucks on other lots? Much more efficient....

8. BIG BLAKE

BIG BLAKE Junior Member

thanks ill do the math.. shes an older machine, basically shes there for stacking when needed

9. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

If you can get a 3 year deal on both of them, it might be worth it for you to upgrade to a newer machine ..... good luck to you!