1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help on bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by double e, Nov 15, 2000.

1. double e

double e Junior Member

Im trying to come up with a price for plowing 5 apatment buildings. I live in little ol' Delaware and we don't see to much snow. I have a small Kobota tractor to do the pushing.

I want to know if I should bid by how much snow is on the ground- for instance 3"-12" and 12"-24"?

I figure with me on the tractor and two men on sidewalks we can have it done in about 3.5 hr

the bid wants a price per plow- not by the hour

Thank you for your help

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Well i would figure out how many hours you will be there then how many pieces of wquipment you will have then just do the math if you get like $85 per piece per hour so for example you have 2 @$85 that is $170 per hour per 3.5 hours is around $595 .I know alot of the other guys here could tell you better than me but that is how i would try to base it on.Hope that this helps a little.

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Double e...

I emailed you some rough numbers. Hope it helps.