1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help on Bid Please!!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Plow Newb, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Plow Newb

Plow Newb Junior Member
    from Toronto

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some expert advice from all of you. Can you guys please give me your thoughts on roughly what to charge per month for this lot I have attached?

It is approximately 360' x 360'. You can really only stack the snow to the right side of the lot as you can see in the attached picture. It snows approx. 15 - 20 times a season and we have to salt the places as well of course. Sidewalks must be cleared as well, 6ft all the way around.

Thanks in advance for your input. It is very much appreciated. Bottle of wine sent to anyone who assists me in this estimate...

Thanks...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

What are you pushing with? You'll definately need something capable of MOVING snow since there are limited spaces to push it to. IE, V-plow, Power plow, Push box, etc...

Hard to give a price without knowing. Time is $$$.

3. Plow Newb

Plow Newb Junior Member
    from Toronto

Right now dedicated for this lot could be:

Ram 2500 4x4 with 8.5' V-Plow
    Ram 1500 4x4 with 7.5' Plow
    ATV with Plow

Could buy any additional equipment that's needed... Just looking for info and what's best bang for buck to buy...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  4. Plow Newb

Plow Newb Junior Member
    from Toronto

Approx. 17k sq. ft. of sidewalks. Ouch. Figured an ATV could cover most of that while two trucks dealt with the parking lot volume. Just wondering 1). what I'm gunna need for stacking? 2). if two trucks, one being a 1500 would be sufficient for the lot 3). and if an ATV is good enough to handle all the sidewalks.

Any estimates of roughly what this lot should be charged? How much salt would be used, etc... Any bit of information helps, thanks.

5. Plow Newb

Plow Newb Junior Member
    from Toronto

zzzzzzz...

6. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

With a spin of the estimating wheel, it landed on $4398.00/month.:D

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

You don't have the right equipment for that account. If it snows 1"-2" you would be ok but you have to have equipment to do 6" or more. I think you need at least a skid steer and a heavy truck with a longer plow. This is important-- for an account like that you must be able to clear the lot quickly and efficiently, no dinking around for 4-5 Hrs.

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

So if it snows 4 times in a month your doing it for a little over $1000.00? Does that include salt? I would double that price.

9. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

The estimating wheel works as well as the weather forecast.LOL If it doesn't need service until after Christmas then he just made a little over $4 000.00 to drive by. It's a gamble.

Bidding a job based on a random number thrown out by a random poster on a public internet forum? Now that would be insane!

Judging by the size of the buildings and the square footage marked on them, the plowable area is only just over 2 acres and pretty open. Looks easy to have it done in 1-1 1/4hrs with the OPs listed equipment. Shoveling snow away from the buildings looks to be the hard part.

Myself, I have never plowed with a pick-up and likely never will. A pusher on a loader is better for plowing lots like this. I like the idea of the ATVs for sidewalks.