1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help on a Smith sreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Lazer Man, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

Folks I have a Smith electric spreader that the motor has gone bad I need the info off the ID tag on the motor if anyone who runs a Smith electric to check theirs and post the info on the tag. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob :salute: :salute: :salute:

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

It is a 1/3hp motor on the older ones, I think it pulls like 28 amps. I will have to look up the RPMs. I replaced one for a fellow plower with a 1/3 HP 12 volt motor from Grainger (I am sure you could find it elsewhere) Was about $100 cheaper then what Smith wanted, worked as well and only had to redrill two holes to bolt it up. Just match the shaft diameter so you can put the same sprocket on it.

3. tommytoolaholic

tommytoolaholic Junior Member

we now use only the 1/2 HP motors on all of our smaller v-box spreaders, you may want to look at the newer series IV spreader with flip chute and dual speed controls for a future purchase