1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help NOW....please!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mcwlandscaping, Dec 5, 2009.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Hooked up plow on my 06, never had any issues before but now the iso module is just buzzing. Unfortunately, it did work for a min innitially and now the plow is stuck in the up position. ANY IDEAS??

All fuses good, plugs are clean, no corrosion, yes everything is plugged in the right places on the module.....and whatever is going on it is not allowing me to operate my fish stick at all (does not power on but is back lit)

Am going out now to try another plow on the truck

THANK YOU in advance!

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Try swapping controllers if possible.

3. mcwlandscaping

I did, fish stik didn't work so i tried my spare joystick and it did nothing in the up/left/right movements and only buzzed when i hit down.

Thank you for the quick reply!

4. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

What is buzzing ? Check the relay. is it energizing? Is there power to the motor ?

5. mcwlandscaping

The iso module is what is buzzing.....no power is getting to the relay because something is stopping controller power/signal from getting there. I would try another iso module but if i somehow fried this one i certainly don't want to fry another one

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad ground somewhere. unplug the iso first. disconnect battery leads to the plow at the battery. clean, grease and hook back up. is the black/orange wire on the negative?

plug it back in and try again. still buzzing?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A buzzing Iso is usually due to a weak 12V or ground signal Mike. Be sure to check the red switched ignition wire for good continuity, check it right at the Iso plug if you want. Plug 1 pin C.

Double check the small black/orange from the neg battery terminal as well for a good ground flow. Check it at port #2 pin C on the Iso plug.

Make sure the 11 pin grill plug is in perfect condition too as the black/orange goes out through it and right back in to supply ground to the entire system.

8. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

almost sounds like the solenoid. check the small wire output when you hit a button on controller. if you need one let me know as i have a spare and will sell to you for 10 bux. im in n hudson. let me know. call me at 603-660-1629. Ken

9. mcwlandscaping

Going out now to start on those diagnostics, one question, do you mean the switched iginition wire that goes into the controller harness in the cab?

I'll report back soon with findings.

10. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Mike. let me know if you need that solenoid or anything else. call if need

11. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

I will be in Nashua for a couple hours and have it with me.

12. mcwlandscaping

It was the 12v power wire going into the control harness! It was only getting 3.6v, moved it to the RR WPR fuse which my truck obviously doesn't use. Awesome! THANK YOU B&B

Ken, i appreciate your hospitality greatly! Networking in an area is very important to me and this is one of the reasons, thank you very much for offering the solenoid! We should meet up and get lunch sometime.

I must say, through this i realized the importance of having a second truck. I can do my route REAL tight with just one truck but would rather be using two during a storm. I think the only thing that kept me calm was the fact that i had another truck that could be used at a moments notice!

Thank you guys again for all your help! It is very much appreciated as always!! I am looking forward now to being able to plow the first storm in my Dmax!!!!

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear it was an easy find Mike. It's those last minute scares that will really get your blood moving.

And you're welcome, but you already knew that. :salute: