1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help!!! no low beam

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by skidonkey, Jan 27, 2015.

1. skidonkey

skidonkey Junior Member

i bought a western hts used. the plow is in real good shape.(basically new) it was on a 09 chevy and im putting it on a 12 gmc1500. hooked everything up and have no passenger low beam on plow. everything else works. this is what I have done
    -tried new iso module
    -reconnected plugs checked them
    -new relays
    -new bulb
    -have power coming out of module
    -checked plow side wiring, light worked when I put direct power on the pins so its not on the plow side.
    -checked 2 fuses out of the module

the guy said it worked when he took it off. all I can think of its got to be something in the lighting harness. this is really got me stumped. any help would be great. thanks

2. skidonkey

skidonkey Junior Member

I did notice there was a lot of corrosion around the relays. what do the relays really do on this set up? when I unplugged one harness the light that was on went off. I tested the 2 black wires coming out of relays and they both had power.??????

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

4. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a wiring issues at the 9 pin connector they break often. check it for continuity between the iso and or relays

5. skidonkey

skidonkey Junior Member

its a 11 pin. my prob is only one low beam not both of them. I took the plug off the passenger side low beam and turned it around and it did nothing. even thought its on the passenger side is it possible that i have a plug on the driver side backwards? causing the low beam on pass side not to work. man its a pain in the ass pulling these lights out of these gmc's.

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Don't just start flipping them around. The black wire on each plug, high and low beam, needs to orient with the "COM" wire at each plug on the plug in harness. Look at each one and confirm it.

7. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

ok sorry still use an ohm meteryou have a break somewhere you said you had power out look at the wiring diagram that someone posted

8. skidonkey

skidonkey Junior Member

ok. ill check everyone. thanks. prob wont be til end of the week.

9. skidonkey

skidonkey Junior Member

well I checked all the plugs and the driver side high beam was backwards. so switched that and BAAAAM lights on. thanks for all the help. saved me from going out and buying something I didn't need.