1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help newbie!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RedneckEngineer, Sep 18, 2008.

1. RedneckEngineer

RedneckEngineer Junior Member

I recently bought property with a 550' driver so I am obviously going to need a plow. Knowing that I bought a minute mount 1 plow at an auction for what I think is a deal. My problem is that it came with nothing for the truck side (wiring). I am going to put this on a 2006 dodge 2500 diesel. I already know I need a 7170-2 push plate but am in the dark on everything else. I bought a 4 port Isolation system for the plow but am now questioning whether it is the right thing for the plow. The plow has the 2 prong main electrical plug, a 11 hole lighting plug and 3 individual wires in one loom(looks like controls). ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!:dizzy:

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

My advise is to take to a Fisher dealer and pay to have it installed. It will bw a whole lot less aggravation and may actually wind up costing less. This is based on years of hearing horror stories from other potential DIYers. Did you get the mounts for your vehicle's frame?

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So its a three plug plow?

4. RedneckEngineer

B&B: I believe it is a three plug plow, although I am a bit confused on this issue as yes the controls have three plugs but the plow also has three plugs coming off of it which one distinguishes a "3 plug plow"?

Mick: Unfortunately it would be nice to take it to a dealer but I am kind of strapped for cash right now and have never had a problem doing anything myself. Thanks for the suggestion though.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, so it is a three plug plow...which will use a 3 pin connection in the control plug since its a straight blade plow.

29049: head lamp harness
    26345: 3 pin control harness
    29070: 3 port Isolation module
    5794: motor relay
    63411: vehicle battery cable harness
    22511: relay to batt cable (22")

8292: joy stick controller
    (or)
    9400: Fishstik hand held controller

And although you mentioned your attempting to do this "on a budget", there isn't anything cheap about outfitting the truck side electrical components for a Fisher or Western as there electrical items are very expensive. To purchase all these truck side components your looking at $550-$600 PLUS a controller...which would add $200-$250 to the install depending on which controller you choose.

6. RedneckEngineer

Thank you that should help immensely.

7. RedneckEngineer

Is there any possible way of using a 4 port isolation module with a 3 port plug!!!

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, if its the correct Iso for the application.

9. RedneckEngineer

B&B: I bought an Isolation Module Part #:F26400/8436 off Ebay. The first number is the D.D. part # the second is the fisher part#. I looked up the wiring for this I think it will work.

What do you think?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Isolation Module Part #:F26400 is a white label module

8436 is a plug in harness for a HB1/HB5 headlight system.

What headlights do you have?

11. RedneckEngineer

How do I know what type of headlights I have? I haven't done anything to the truck in that department so they should be stock and I have no idea what they would be. The truck is a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your truck will have the H13 head lights....and you lucked out, you have the correct Iso mod for your truck. But you need the H13 style headlight plug in adapters...p/n 28242 and 28244. At about $140 for the pair.

So disregard the 3 port Iso mod and 29049 light adapter harness posted in the original parts list.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  13. RedneckEngineer

B&B Thanks a lot I will look into that!!

14. RedneckEngineer

I want to thank you for all the help I finally got everything hooked up to the truck and it works very well. I did notice that my push plates are bending my bumper up a bit and don't seem to stick out as much as most peoples. I can't wait to use the plow. I still don't have the lights hooked up yet as I need to purchase the lighting harness.

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'm putting a 3 plug Minute Mount 1 on my 2004 Dodge diesel.