1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help, new to meyers plows

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by GMC99, Nov 20, 2010.

1. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

I have a chance to buy what I believe is a meyer ez classic?? It is the style with the 2 round tubes. All I would be buying is the plow and the lights, pump etc. What is the truck side mount called for the plow? And I guess what Im asking besides the plow, what else do I need to make this a complete setup? It would be going on a 1999 dodge ram 1500. I've run westerns for 15 years this would be my first meyer. Thank You for any help!

2. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

here's a link to the meyer install manuals page. you should be able to scroll down and find the one for your truck. there should be a picture in the file. Good luck with finding the "mounting carton" you are looking for. you could try and PM Jim from ESI trucks and there are also a couple of others that sell parts that are members. http://meyerproducts.com/TechSupport/ServiceManualsandInstallationInstructions.aspx:nod:

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So you have to buy the pump, lights,and blade? What parts do you have?

4. SServices

SServices Senior Member

The classic

This is what it looks like "truck side"

IMG_1260.jpg

5. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

I would be buying everything in that picture plus the plow, so i guess all i need is the truck side mount and harness???

6. SServices

SServices Senior Member

Correct. Try to see if you can find a used mount though, their not cheap. Around 400 to 500 new.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Meyers list is $800+

8. SServices

SServices Senior Member

List is always more expensive, definitely not cheap!!

9. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Thanks for the help guys! I ended up finding a frame, and wiring harness for the truck 20 mins away from my house, never thought I would find a meyers frame that close to home! Ended up having about $1000 in a complete setup for the truck, now the fun part installing it all!

10. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

$1000 for everything isnt bad at all.good luck with the install. the ez classic seems easier to install than a lot of other style mounts.post up some pix when its all done