1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help mounting cylinder

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chris S, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Chris S

Chris S Junior Member

I have a 6 foot plow on my jeep and a e47 pump. The plow however does not have angle cylinders. I would like to add the angle cylinders to the plow. I am guessing that I need two 10x1.5" cylinders and the hoses.

I would however like to know if this is feasable and if anyone has any pictures of how they mount. I can weld so that is not a problem.

Thanks

2. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

I know this isn't what you're asking, but considering the additional controls for angle movement, wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just get a used 4 way plow for the jeep and sell the one you have????

With regard to the cylinders, I will look up mine (a 6'9" fisher), but I think someone could snap you a picture of the actual setup which would be better than a description.

3. Chris S

Chris S Junior Member

I already have the controls and pump that will work. I have no problem getting the angle cylinders to work. I just need to see how they mount.

Thanks for the input

4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

If its a Meyer plow it should be all ready setup to put on the power cylinders.

5. Chris S

Chris S Junior Member

it is an older meyer and was made to manually turn the blade. I just want to add angle cylinders to the blade as I now have a power angle pump.

Thanks

6. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

u can mod the hell out of a meyer E47. i would say that the cylinders u are talking about are a good size, just grab some hyrdro lines some pins and cotter pins, drill the holes and your in business. the only tricky part may be the solenoids for left/right