1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help mounting an Boss RT1 plow to 94 f250

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by clay7185, Nov 20, 2015.

1. clay7185

clay7185 Junior Member

Does anyone have any mounting suggestions for getting an old RT1 mounted on a 94 f250. I looking mostly for the brackets. I have all the wiring. Also does the newer hand controller work with the rt1?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. bllm87

bllm87 Junior Member

I can't help you with your mounting issue...but we do have a 2000 chevy k2500 (old body style) that we bought that has the RT1 7.5" v plow on it. When we got it, the PO welded a bracket to the dash support and you bolted that big ass controller box to it so you'd bang your knee on it every time you entered/exited the vehicle. We decided to get the newer handheld controller, and it works like a charm. I'm going to assume (I know I know..) that it will work on all of the RT1 plows.

Side question..have you ever had an RT1 blade before? If not, they are a huge pain in the ass. Unless I am missing something, I usually have to have 2 people to hook it up to the truck each time. This is mostly due to the angle that it sits when it's disconnected from the truck. You sort of have to align the truck up to the plow, have someone push up on the headlight bracket, pull the truck in a little more so the arms fit where they're supposed to, and then jack up the whole plow to make the 2 plow arms fit how they're supposed to in the slots on the truck mount. We have been trying to find an RT2 blade for some time now just to get rid of this turd. Also, it's pretty damn heavy compared to the newer ones.

Anyways, I hope I helped at least a little bit. Good luck
  3. clay7185

clay7185 Junior Member

Im sure its a pain just needed a cheap plow paid 700 for the whole setup with basically new scrapper edges. I didn't want to pay 1500 for an old straight blade. V plows just work so much better.