1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help.. Mount question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by VnDrWLawnCare, Oct 19, 2008.

1. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra. Ext. Cab, short bed. 1500 -Question is...Does anyone have either 7 1/2 standard or super duty plow on this truck that would have pictures of what the mount does to the front facia. I would really like to not have to cut a huge section out of the facia to accomodate a plow.

Any feedback and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I have an 02 Z71, I have fog lights so I left my valance on and notched it from tow hook to tow hook, kinda sucks, I wish it was set up a little so the frame came out under it, but I left it on instead of taking all of it off.

Good luck

3. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

Thanks for the reply.

That is what is was afraid of. And if i am right you have more chrome on your bumper than i do but i have more body color fascia. I would have to take a huge chunk out. Do you happen to have any pics of it. If you do that would be great.

What size plow do you have on your truck, how do you like it, and how does it do backdragging?

Thanks

4. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

Here is the front of my 2005 Chevy 1/2 ton. I use a standard duty 7'6" Boss plow. Hope this helps you. I didn't want to have to remove the lower fascia, so I notched it out a bit. It does not look too bad in person. By the way, this is the first time I am trying to post a picture. I hope it works.

05 chevy plow mount 001.jpg

05 chevy plow mount 002.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I have a straight Boss 7-6" superduty, I added boss wings this summer, I already have mixed reviews on that. The plow is fine, I'd buy another, no problem, I think I am ready for a heavier truck though, 7-6 is fine, but wings make it heavy, but I am sure the wings will make clean up a breeze.........so later in life I'll have a heavier truck and likely a V

It back drags fine, If the snow is packed its a little harder to get things clean but alot of what I do is pushing not back dragging.

6. VnDrWLawnCare

VnDrWLawnCare Member

Thank you for the picture. That helps me to decide. How has your plow treated you, and would you buy one again or go with something different?

Thanks

7. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

I have had my standard duty, straight blade boss plow for 7-8 years with no problems. I do not do any commercial plowing, I only plow my driveway and some of my family's driveways. I would buy another Boss plow in a heartbeat. It was a breeze to move it from my 1997 Chevy to my current truck.

8. Indy

Indy Senior Member