1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help! MM1 controller not working

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by highridge, Nov 3, 2009.

1. highridge

highridge Member

Hi guys
    I have MM1 and the joystick(grey box type) just stopped working recently. The red light used to light up when I turned it on but now it wont. Fuses look good and so does the wiring? Could it possibly be a bad solenoid or anything else? Btw it's a 94 Ford F350. I need to get this fixed as I'm picking up the plow thursday.

Thanks
    Derek

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Some wouldn't light unless the plow was actually connected. Just depends on the harness revision. But if you're positive that yours did even without the plow attached take a test light and check on the controller side of the plug for power and ground. The white wire should have 12V with the ignition on and brown should have ground. If you have both then the controller is defective.

3. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Check the ground wire on the relay/solenoid. When mine was off, the light didn't come on.