1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help! Meyer Blaster 350 clogs all the time

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by slimslim25, Feb 10, 2009.

1. slimslim25

slimslim25 Junior Member
    from Utah

I can only apply salt (no sand) and no matter the brand I try even with the vibrator on the spreader just clogs when I load it up. It does not matter how much I put in the hopper when I get back in the cab its clogged and stayed clogged for about 10 minutes after spinning the spreader by hand to unclog. Any advice is appreciated. Hope this makes sense. Has alway done this since brand new.

2. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Hey slim, i don't know jack about these spreaders but i went to there web site and looked it over.Does yours have a baffle in it to allow only so much salt to fall at a time? I was wondering if it was missing and letting all the salt wedge into the bottom all at once, just a thought, also what about the amount of fines in the salt does it work any better with a more course salt, i know you said it didnt matter what kind but what about the size of it? Ill be watching to see what other answers you come up with.

3. slimslim25

slimslim25 Junior Member
    from Utah

I do have a baffle, but it sits really high in the hopper to me. I had another buddy of mine who owns a snow removal company look and he does not understand why the baffle is so high. The design of his snowex 575 is far different and he has no probs at all with the same brands being used as me. As for the size of pellet, the only difference is that the smaller size will unclog faster. It does still clog when first loaded everytime still.

4. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Hum weird, maybe contact the company or try to fab up a lower baffle or add to the lower part of the baffle, just dont melt your hopper:)

5. slimslim25

slimslim25 Junior Member
    from Utah

Looks like I should have read the manual better. I found out there is an extension on the auger I was suppose to remove for salt only. I removed today and it works great.

6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

if you run the vib while the spinner is off , it will cause it to "pack the salt "together so turn the vib off, then the spinner off when you turn it on , the spinner then the vib

7. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Great ,im glad you figured it out! have a good one

8. MR. McBEEVEE

MR. McBEEVEE Junior Member

Meyer blaster

Just commenting on your meyer blaster. I have been looking at that brand. I currently have a boss 1100 that i dont like, a western older model that seems to do ok and a couple of snowex that are a little small but seem to work fine. So how are you liking the blaster. Everything i observe about the spreader seems like it would work great. Half horse power, direct drive, auger feed, fewer moving parts. Looks great

9. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

meyers 350 s spreader

How do you get the extended auger off ?

steve

10. MR. McBEEVEE

MR. McBEEVEE Junior Member

Hey.........i am sorry but i dont have a clue. I have just seen pictures of the unit but i do not know some of the actual mechanics of the unit. Torch? Just kidding. Good luck