1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help!!! Making bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by glenn52, Nov 4, 2014.

1. glenn52

glenn52 Junior Member
    from Boston

Hello, My name is glenn im 24 years old and a veteran of the united states army and im trying to figure out if this guy if trying to rip me off. This is my first time doing by myself as a subcontractor and I think the guy could sense it. So heres the deal. I own and operate my own skid steer. This guy has hired me for the snow season from december to march to remove snow from a construction site. The deal was he will pay me 12,000 dollars to do this work. He said i will be able to use his ventrac for the majority except larger storms. Im lost guys to be honest with you. Yeah this is going to be a learing experience regardless but i feel something in my gut telling me he is lowballing me. Im not ever sure how much profit i will walk away with after taxes... please help me out. should i sign the contract as is or should i raise the price?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

A little more information would help....

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Skip it all together. There's plenty out there. You'll find it.

4. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

sq.ft?
    ventrac?
    12k up front ?
    plow/box type?
    pictures?

Salute to you ! Thank You for serving wesport

5. glenn52

glenn52 Junior Member
    from Boston

All i really need to know is how much will i make after taxes ? how do i figure that out? I get free diesel so fuel isnt a problem.

6. glenn52

glenn52 Junior Member
    from Boston

What information do you need ? do you know how to figure out how much approximatley i would be making after taxes?

7. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

free fuel !!! ussmileyflag Im in !!!
    self medicating ?

8. glenn52

glenn52 Junior Member
    from Boston

Another thing is its mostly sidewalks its not the size im worried about. what do you mean self medicating lol?

9. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

id just nuke it up to 3'' .

10. glenn52

glenn52 Junior Member
    from Boston

what do you mean nuke it up to 3?

11. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Word of the night..NUKE IT
    Salt the whole place lol

12. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

this guy that lowballed one of our properties last year just salted every time. It was just slush all the time i guess they didnt like it cause we got it back this year lol

13. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

You saying he didn't plow it but salted heavy instead?