1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help looking to build website

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by APLC, Oct 12, 2009.

1. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Hello all I'm looking to get a website made or do it myself but don't know how to go about it. maybe if any of you have used certain company's or site for domain's please your input would be greatussmileyflag

2. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

You really cant go wrong with GoDaddy.com
    Go to GoDaddy.com
    Then scroll over the button that says Web Hosting
    Then click on Website Tonight
    (Website Tonight is an online site builder that needs no downloading and is completely easy to use)
    I believe they give you a free domain name when you sign up for the Website Tonght package.
    There are three deals. I did the 10-page one because I wanted to be able to add more pages without being restricted, though, I dont think I would use more then 10.
    You pay up-front for the year by credit.
    What's nice about GoDaddy is that they are on the other line 24/7 365 days a year.
    They can actually walk you through everything before you even start clicking.
    They will get you set up and even stay on the phone for as long as you want.
    They only hire Americans to handle the phone calls!!

Here is my site that I created with Website Tonight.
    It cost me I believe 101.50 for two years. I believe they gave me a year free.
    If you call, the guy/girl will probabley hook you up with free stuff. Just ask.

Good luck

www.MeeksCo.com

3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Haven't used godaddy, but love their commercials. If you have any kind of computer skills and can read, you can build a basic to moderate web site that will generate you a lot of work in several years. i'm dropping yellow pages next year due to my web page bringing me clients.