1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help lighting a tool box

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Premier, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Premier

Premier Senior Member

I have a tool box in my truck bed and need to get some lights on to it, looking for some on the back and sides to be on when ever my lights are on, and then i want to have some strobes on there too, thinking a strobe on each side and 2 or 3 on the back looking for what you have ones that worked and ones that dont. (any pics or vid's woud be great.)

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Why don't you try some Len3's or Len4 LED's that are surface mounts. More bang for the buck!

3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what I was thinking.

4. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

bought these at walmart 2 ovals for 15 a peice and the bar with 9 leds for 15 i just ran the the wires to the back and spliced into the turn stop and running lights

5. cpsnowremoval

bought these at walmart 2 ovals for 15 a peice and the bar with 9 leds for 15 i just ran the the wires to the back and spliced into the turn stop and running lights. i wanted to get som amber leds for the side but this gets expensive maybe in the future

Picture 018.jpg

Picture 017.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I'll just throw in my support for
    Nova slultra
    http://www.strobe.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=8&Itemid=32

I use the slultra's and wic-3. Very low profile Very bright for my needs. they have surface mount verison and gromet mount.

I have yet to try Nova sd24, think they are suppose to be a little brighter
    http://www.strobe.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,32/page,shop.product_details/flypage,nova_flypage/product_id,154/category_id,57/manufacturer_id,0/

It would take me a little searching but I remember someone posting pictures of a truck / tool box with the slultra's on it.

7. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I have the LIN4 (i think) and they're awesome. Bright as hell, and im thinking about replacing my 'dim' strobes with these. Plus, I know these are going to turn on every time.

[​IMG]

8. Premier

Premier Senior Member

do the ovals seal up well or do they leak when it rains?

9. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

dont put any lights on the box imo. when ever you use the box you will smash the lights.

10. cpsnowremoval

yea it stays pretty dry in box. im happy with the lights there like half the price of the ones they sell at the auto store. i also wanted to put 2 of those led bars in the middle but there was not enough space.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009