1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help installing whelen mini bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by bennett343, Jan 28, 2012.

1. bennett343

bennett343 Junior Member
    from MA

cant seem to actually get this thing going right. i need more of a wiring diagram or directions on this thing, wired my old whelen up but cant seem to get this one going. bar has red and black, power and ground, then has another 3 wires, orange,blue, and yellow i believe, corner strobes, work lights, and wig wags, can someone send me in the right direction almost like directions from where to start. have fuse about 4 inches from battery, switches and everything just cant seem to get all the lights to sync.

thanks.

2. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

You have a power wire with red and black and another wire with only 3 wires? Sounds like a serial control lightbar.....you may be screwed.

3. bennett343

bennett343 Junior Member
    from MA

Other 3 wires are for the different controls, flashers strobes and work lights, I had it working then idk what happened you wanna give it a shot? I'm in mass lol

4. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

It would help if you stated which light bar it is. Strobe, LED, Revolving? If it is LED, at least one wire is to control the pattern, the others may be for take downs or alley lights.

5. bennett343

bennett343 Junior Member
    from MA

Whelen mini strobe. 4 corner strobes, rear take downs, and rear wig wags

6. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

7. bennett343

bennett343 Junior Member
    from MA

i believe its a mini edge. i am not with the truck and lightbar i will look as soon as i get there.

8. bennett343

bennett343 Junior Member
    from MA

[​IMG]

looks exactly like this minus the alleys

9. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

Def a mini edge

10. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Just call whelen tomorrow. Give them the model, and serial number, and your e-mail adress. Within an hour or so you will have a complete diagram for your exact bar.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sounds like the bar was taken apart at one point in time and replace the wiring. Now I know some bars have different options, but if it has the same options mine did then I bet someone took it apart before. I know the one I had atleast 10 wires in the harness. Mine had takedowns, alleys 4 strobes. 1 wire controlled the takedowns, 1 controlled the flashing takedowns, 1 controlled each of the alleys, 1 controlled the front strobes, 1 controlled the rear strobes, 1 controlled the high low function, 1 controlled pattern. 1 was a ground, and I had 2 power wires, 1 for the strobe power supply, and 1 for the takedown/flasher board. Do you have a picture of it, and possible a pic of the wires? The pic you had up isn't showing up.

12. bennett343

bennett343 Junior Member
    from MA

Got it guys, something so simple as the fuse blown inside the bar, never even thought about it, thanks for the help guys