1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Installing Pro-Wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hawkc01, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Hawkc01

Hawkc01 Member

I am installing the Pro-Wings and have a problem. The hole that needs to be drilled for the Quick Pin falls in line with the vertical ribs of the plow. What do I do? Drill hole 1" to the outside of the ribs? If I do that then what about the gap between the edge of the blade and the rubber edges?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
  2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

i just installed mine on my fisher. if u want give me a call 203 410 6065 tony
  3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I assume these are bing installed on your Sno Way? If they are thats your problem cause they aren't designed for that brand of plow. I wouldn't drill through a rib without doing a little fabricating for extra support.
  4. Hawkc01

Hawkc01 Member

Yes, this is for my Sno-Way. I am wondering what to do as far as modifications to make them (Pro-Wings) work.
  5. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

IF you have the ability to cut and weld then all you gotta do is cut off the 1" pins, then set up the wings where you want them. Determine where the pins will work around the back braces. Drill next to brace, stick pin through hole and mark on back of wing. Weld the pins back on. Go move some snow! payup
  6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I think that I would try to weld a piece of flatstock between two of the braces(on the back of plow)so that pin will have more support. I don't think that Lexan plastic will be sturdy enough to support the plowwings.
  7. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Dont even bother. Clamp the pins onto the side of the plow where you are going to need them (watching your lower flap height and allignment), then just tack the pin plates on. Weld them after that, and you never have to worry about it. It easier than the drilling and bolts. You're only biggest concern then is a little bit of touch-up paint...not a major. It is at this point that you can figure where you will need to cut your hole for your center pin to go through the blade.