1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help identifying plow for parts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by maseyferguson, Jan 1, 2016.

1. maseyferguson

maseyferguson Junior Member

Could really use your help, going to get pictures once the sun rises of the truck and the plow. Its a 9 foot plow, the pump is under the hood. Its leaking right now. I will post pictures with my phone in a second, but if anyone could help me identify this plow it would be great, and tell me what to take a picture of... to do so. Thank you, my names buddy.

2. Good Morning Buddy,
    Could be a little slow here today being a holiday. Open the hood and take a pic or two of the pump setup and valve body. Take one of the plow frame and blade. From what you are describing it sounds like an old Speedcaster, if in fact, it's a Fisher plow.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Should be a speedcast. If it's a Fisher.
    But if it's not a Fisher then who knows?

And it's been a lonnnnnggggg minute so far.

4. maseyferguson

Wait how do i add pictures from my phone

5. dieselss

Click desktop version...upper right hand corner on screen

6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I'm using my fuzzy minds eye and I'm seeing a fisher yellow plow with a black back with trip springs and a belt driven pump under hood,cable operated in cab control,the leak is coming out of the pulley shaft.:jester:

7. maseyferguson

Heres the pictures sorry it took so long, i guess i cant upload from my phone. Just takes awhile. Thank you already for the help, here it is. Yes yellow plow with black back, fisher controls... It leaks somewhere bad, under the hood. The plow only lifts up if you give the truck gas...

[​IMG]

8. maseyferguson

9. maseyferguson

10. maseyferguson

Im going back out as soon as my phone charges up to take more of the leak. Need to get this thing working so i can make some money with it.

11. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

That's a Fisher electric clutch/solenoid valve setup. Mid 90's era. You can find info on that system here:

http://library.fisherplows.com/publications.asp?cat=249

They're fairly simple. You've just have to determine where the leak is, and then you can figure out what needs to be done to repair it.

12. maseyferguson

I'm pretty sure the truck needs a head gasket too, i added coolant to it checked the oil and its brown and has way more than it should in it. Not really sure what i want to do.

13. cubicinches

From the looks of your pics, I'm assuming a vin code "R" Vortec 350? Leaking intake gaskets are a common issue on that engine... more common than a head gasket failure, and will cause coolant in the oil.

14. maseyferguson

i just added coolant because i noticed it was running a little above 210, it never overheated i just went to check the oil and its legit filled up almost all the way with oil or whatever, looks like chocolate milk.

15. maseyferguson

So obviously something is not right. Im doing a clutch in my car first then gettinf to this but can anyone help me diagnose this. Whatever it is i will fix at this point so she can make me some money this year.

16. dieselss

Diag what?
    The plow leak, or the oil leak?

17. cubicinches

A static compression test, or a leak down test would help diagnose a head gasket issue. Cooling system pressure test would help diagnose leaking intake gaskets. Like I said, intake gaskets are a common issue if it is indeed a vin "R" engine, and also even if it's a vin "K" TBI engine. Head gasket failures on either are not that common. Any other indications of a failed head gasket? Does the engine run poorly?

18. maseyferguson

The truck ran like a top until i put antifreeze in, then checked the oil looked like it was 3 times overfilled and chocolate milk. I brought the truck over my barn to do the intake gaskets, plugs wires oil change. I also want to get the plow going good. Will start on that once i get the truck running

19. maseyferguson

Hey anyone out there. Thanks for the help, awesome. Have not used a forum in awhile its good to see how much useful information there is. I'm glad there is still good people in this world. Yahoo, thats sweet.

Anyways, ended up doing the gaskets on the intake of the truck, i replaced the plugs and wires also. Shes rocking. I changed the oil ten times then added castrol synthetic high milege. Shes running like a top. Replaced the serpantine belt and the blow belt. Nothing squeaks

The truck needs a rear wheel seal... I will get to that.

The questions i have are now abiout the plow. It rises great when you give it a little throttle. When the truck is idling it barely lifts up. Well it doesnt move.

The other question is whats leaking in this picture, i know its break fluid but it looks like the master cylinder?

20. maseyferguson

http://postimg.org/image/uxp0xorpt/
    [IMG]http://postimg.org/image/5j36gxl7b/
    [IMG]http://postimg.org/image/ft1ystqwh/
    This is where the big leak is... my breaks are squishy, the break lines are fine... recently replaced. The leak is comming from under this...