1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help identifying an old Meyer pump

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by kgthayer, Mar 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. kgthayer

kgthayer Junior Member

Hello,

Last fall I moved to a home in the foothills outside of Boise and purchased an early 60's CJ-5 Jeep with a Meyer plow/pump to maintain our driveway. This summer I wanted to spend some time learning more about maintaining the plow and locating parts to have on-hand to keep the plow operational, possibly a spare pump. I’m struggling to identify the model of the pump as all of the decals are missing and it doesn’t match anything that I have found on-line. It looks a bit like the U-13 but it isn’t an exact match as the valve assembly looks different.

Any help identifying this pump and locating maintenance and servicing documentation would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Kirk

Here are some photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's an E45. Which was similar to the cable actuated U-13 and the predecessor to the later E46/E47 series pumps which is shares many compoents with so some parts would still be available even though it's a very old unit. Don't think you'll find anything online manual wise for it due to it's age but I have the parts breakdown file if you'd like it. Be happy to email it to you.

[​IMG]

3. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

4. kgthayer

kgthayer Junior Member

Perfect!!!! Thanks a bunch! -Kirk
    :)

5. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

your welcome hope it helps.

6. marvelous

marvelous Junior Member

Marvelous

Looks like a e 47. I have one I use for spare parts.

7. Beast84

Beast84 Junior Member

newbie here, bringing up an old thread.
    just picked up this unit for my 84 K10, can anyone please lead me to an ID and a schematic so I can wire it up.
    thanks in advance

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  8. Beast84

Beast84 Junior Member

obviously those chrome tubes are not attached, just stuff laying woods

[​IMG]

9. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

replace it with e 47 .I have 1 I will sell you. complete master seal kit installed, presser set ,ready to go. pm me for more info . I also have parts you might need .

10. Beast84

Beast84 Junior Member

thanks racer, I don't think I need to buy anything until I get it hooked up and tested, it was supposedly rebuilt last year. Can you identify the model/year?

11. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

looks like 70s model meyer st series conventional plow and mount .hook up like all older meyers out fits .I was replying to post before yours with the e 45 pump .hook up is real simple .get on Meyers web site .