1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Identifying a Plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by uglyorangeplow, Mar 4, 2010.

1. uglyorangeplow

uglyorangeplow Junior Member

Hello, I am new here and realize that I should be in the beginner section but i think that the seasoned vets are going to be the only ones that may have an answer to my question.

I recently acquired a plow from a friend and need som help figuring out what brand it is. it is 7ft 6 in long around 29 in tall. it is orange in color, has three trip springs and dual lifting chains. it originally had an old school under-hood pump and motor. i can barely make out a faded sticker that might say "polar" but im not for sure. the cutting edge has 9 bolts in it. i contacted the original owner and he said he thinks it is a Pulsar but i have never heard of them nor can find any info on the net. any input would be great and i can maybe post a pic tomorrow if needed. thanks in advance
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would tend to guess it at being a Polar as well. It would be alot easier for feedback if there was a picture to go with the description you just gave. Some people on here just need to see the picture and can tell you almost everything about it, maybe even down to the date it was built, lol. Anyhow good luck with finding the info.
  3. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

it sounds like a Fischer plow, they had under hood mounted pumps, like the last guy said, a pic may help

SKYNYRD Senior Member

rc2505 is right, post a pic and u'll have all the answers
  5. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

Could be an Arctic Plow, they were painted orange, just a quessing game without pictures.