1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help hooking up choke linkage on Buyers stainless V Box w; Briggs 10.5 hp Intec

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bastevens689, Nov 26, 2009.

1. bastevens689

bastevens689 Junior Member

I had to take carb off Briggs 10.5 hp in order to clean it out due to improper storage and did not pay enough attention to the carb linkage which goes somewhere allowing the "in cab" controller to choke the motor when starting. I have looked on the Briggs and Stratton website but the parts break down is not specific enough to show what piece the linkage hooks to opposite the carb itself.

I have stared at this thing for hours and I know it is something simple but I just can't figure it out. I'm hoping one of you guys out there have had this same experience. The motor is on a Buyers "Salt Dogg" stainless V Box spreader but I can't find the manuals for either the motor or spreader.

Please let me know if you can shed some light on this problem.

Brian Stevens
  2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

This is the spreader manual - but I don't imagine it has what you need. There are a lot of Briggs dealers around - maybe they'll know exactly what you are looking for and either be able to explain it or point you to the manual on a website.

http://www.saltdogg.com/Instruction Sheets/3008005_Rev_A.pdf

We install the engines complete, so we don't have much on the engine assembly itself.

Maybe someone else on the forum can send you a picture of theres. I would, but I don't really have access to any SCH's until Monday.
  3. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

I am not sure what carb you have. do you have a single cab control for throttle and choke if so operate the throttle to full and the other linkage should push the choke butterfly to the closed position. Hope this helps.