1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help going from 3 wire set up to 2 wire set up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nps1, Sep 14, 2010.

1. nps1

nps1 Junior Member
    from Syr

I currently have wideout plows on newer chevys all with a 2 wire set ups on them. I also have a
    ultra mount 8' pro plow on another new chevy with a 3 wire set up and I'm looking for some
    help to determine what I would need to convert it to a 2 wire set up so that I can interchange all the trucks and plows as needed? I know I need a different controller for the pro plow as well. Anybody that can shed some light on this for me, it would be appreciated.

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

The conversion will be done on the truck side,your wideouts use multiplex wiring which your pro plow doesn't so you'll need a controll harness and IIRC a battery cable hooked to a selonoid(your wideout has the solenoid on the plow) and i believe a controll harness adapter,i'll have to look up the part#'s

3. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I'm also curious as how to do this-

I have three styles of ultra's

Old two wire, three wire and then new two wire.

The old two wires are easily converted to the three wire setup.

4. Arc Burn

Sorry guys,i'll get part#'s ASAP,DStosh,yes,you will convert your OLD 2 plug plows to 3 plug,then the rest will be truck side

5. nps1

nps1 Junior Member
    from Syr

Thank you, if you could post the part numbers, it would be appreciated.

6. Arc Burn

Is the chevy with the Ultra using a 3 port or 4 port Iso Module?

7. Arc Burn

I'm assuming your trucks with the wideouts are 3 port,you can go 1 of 2 ways here-

You can get kit #26705-1 which will contain everything you need to go 3 plug truckside and will also allow you to run a MVP as well as your Ultra.List price is around $510,this is a Fisher part#,I would cross reference it for you but i don't have any Western books in front of me,a Western dealer can probably do it.
    OR
    26345 -straight blade controll harness
    63411-Vehicle Battery cable
    29175-Adapter
    5794k-1 -motor relay
    22111 22" battery cable
    This at list price will run you around $350,again Fisher part#'s but they are both the same parts

8. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

now, is the part numbers after OR to change his plow side? or is that a cheaper way to change the truck side to fit a 2 plug unimount?

9. Arc Burn

nps1's plow sides will not change,dtosh's will,what exactly are you trying to do,with what plows and what year/make trucks just so we are all on the same page

10. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

i have an 04 dodge 2500. and a 2 plug ultramount. need to wire the two together and get a controller.ill start a new thread.