1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help getting a plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jmrinaudo, Nov 13, 2005.

1. jmrinaudo

jmrinaudo Junior Member

I have a 02 F-250 supercab with the V10 in it and want to know if i'm better off to get a 8' or 8 1/2' plow. Also would the 8 1/2' be to heavy for the truck.
    Thanks Jason
  2. SnowStooge3

SnowStooge3 Junior Member

I know the guys at ryder truck rental have a f-250 superduty regular cab with a 8 1/2' plow on.(service truck). They tell me it makes the rearend so light they cant keep it from sliding,especially going around corners. This is what they tell me, I myself don't know personally.
  3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Go as wide as you can, I would put a 9' on it. As for the rear end being light, add about 1,000 lbs of ballast and it'll be fine.
  4. SnowStooge3

SnowStooge3 Junior Member

I did forget to mention they have a big aircompressor in the back, mounted forward towards the cab.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I have 02 F250 w8.2 vplow love it great for plowing get the hand held control i don't use any weight in the back i've had no problem with it.
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well almost everyone on here will say blizzard 810. Which is a 10' wide plow. So 8.5 is not too heavy.
  7. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

What are you using the plow to do? Driveways? Commercial lots? I have an 8' In both applications it works fine. I already had to change out bushings in the front end twice. Therefore, any plow that is bigger means more weight and abuse on the front end. I wish Ford would make there Super Dutys actually "Super Duty".