1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help front end sagg!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RTLAWNS, Dec 23, 2010.

1. RTLAWNS

RTLAWNS Junior Member

I got a 1993 K2500 heavy half, and just installed a northman plow on it and the front end is dropping 2.5-3" what should i do to eliminate this problem that won't cost me a ton of money!?

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Turn the torsion bars up a bit.

3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Get a pair of Firestone Level-Rite air shocks, they make a world of difference

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

try turning the tbars or getting a set of timbrens

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

search button in this thread for your problem will bring up tons of info :nod:

6. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Crank up the torsion bars a turn or two, put on a set of timbrens and if the shocks are worn, replace them too.

7. RTLAWNS

RTLAWNS Junior Member

thanks guys think the torsion bars did it, also replacing the shocks... looking into some other mods..

8. cycles13

cycles13 Junior Member

Install Truxx

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

oh dont forget balist at the back of the truck.

10. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

yeah, throw some weight in the back

11. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

shouldnt the front suspension be allowed to compress somewhat when it is loaded? why does everyone want their truck to react like there is nothing on it when there is. if it compresses the front suspension down onto the stops, bottoms out and pops the front tires, then I'd worry about it. Look at the rear, load it up and it goes down a couple inches, whats the difference?
    just sayin

12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I would really hope so at that point :laughing:

13. RTLAWNS

RTLAWNS Junior Member

I needed it to not drop so low for clearance purposes. it should move but since my shocks were bad and my torsion really lose it cause like a 3.5" sag which is a huge loss. especially since i am only running a 7'6" blade. no thats its all been repaired it only sags .5"