1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help- Ford power steering

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by thesnowman269, Dec 10, 2009.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Well I got in the truck this morning to leave for school and as I pulled out of my drive way I noticed that I had lost all power steering. When I started the truck I could hear the power steering pump whine. However I did not think anything of this because it has done this for a long time when you start the truck and it is cold. The pump only whines when it is cold outside and stops after the truck is running for a few seconds. Could this be a bad pump? Belt or something Im not aware of? I beleive the power steering fuild was full since i have not had any problems till today. Thanks in advance

P.S- Figures today is the day it decides to snow

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

first thing would be to check the fluid if its full then you would want to check the pump.

3. thesnowman269

When I parked the truck last night There were no issues. I'm thinking its the pump or the belt

4. thesnowman269

bump........

5. turfquip

turfquip PlowSite.com Veteran

If you've lost all power steering it could be the steering box too. I had mine replaced last year on a 1996 F-250.