1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help! Ford backed out on 6.0L warranty again!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dig-it Landscap, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

I have a 2006 F350 6.0L 4x4 dump with 65.xxx miles. It has left me on the side of the road more times than I can count. I had all 8 injectors replaced over the summer. I always run the cetane booster through it. Here is what it is doing this time.

Over the last couple months it started having a lack of power. Won't go over 55 empty. The check engine light came on and reads "Low Boost". We have had to use it for snow and since it runs "ok" we have. We called the dealer to set a date to check it out and check our warranty which I was told ran out 1-27. Our appointment was 1-26. Took it in and they start diagnostics and tell my foreman the warranty expired 1-24. Since i'm determined to not give any more money to Ford he took it to the local shop and ran the diagnostics that read "Low Boost".

Any idea on how to narrow the problem down before throwing more money at this truck? So far, in my research, I have discovered it could be the following: Egr cleaned or replaced, turbo cleaned or replaced. Turbo boot leak, etc.

Any help appreciated.

2. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Clean ur egr. Mine did that 2 months ago, cleaned the valve and looked away.

3. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Not much help on the truck side however I would talk to the dealership my stepmom is a service writter at a Ford dealership and it is up to ford not the dealership what is covered and not. Plead your case peacefully and factual. Being you are just out of your 5 year but a long ways from your 100,000 mile I bet ford would do something. Maybe try another ford dealership. Sorry I can;t help with the actual problem, not much of a mechanic. Good luck!

4. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Contact ford I had a truck 2 months out of warranty with low miles and they fixed the issues no questions asked. Maybe try a different dealership.

5. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

I will do that, thank you for the advise.

6. EXTREMEPLOW

EXTREMEPLOW Junior Member

contact the zone rep for your area

7. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

If I remember correctly there is a sensor on the top left side of the engine that measures exhaust temp. or flow that is connected to the exhaust manofold with a small metal tube. These tubes often plug up with soot causing all sorts of problems. The turbo vanes coking up is also a very common problem with this engine as well. Hope this helps.

8. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping Junior Member

I would consider a EGR Delete, its a modification that deletes the EGR so that way you don't have this issue anymore, its a very common issue with the 6.0 Powerstrokes.

9. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

Good idea.
    If you are wanting to keep the truck for a while check out all the 6.0 upgrades at Bullet Proof Diesel

10. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

if you want to ask questions and now about your 6.0, i can help you with any questions. Put together a list of questions and or problems and I can answer them for you. :waving:

a turbo underboost code could be sticky veins or a back VGT solenoid.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011