1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help finding which wire on a Whelen CSP690 changes the patterns

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by sld92e_23, Jul 3, 2008.

1. sld92e_23

sld92e_23 Member
    from Boston

I had a Whelen CSP690 installed, but I only have one switch to turn it on and off. The guy who put it in only has it on one pattern....I want it to do the random cycle patterns(all of them) I know its one wire that you change the patterns with, but with out a momentary switch, how and which wire do you use? Thanks for any help you guys can give me!!

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

you should be looking for the scan lock wire...should be white with a brown stripe(i think). it should already be in the housing of the light and it should be stripped already. turn the light on and touch the scan lock cable to the power (battery/power supply/ect) this will change the pattern repeat the process until you find the pattern you like.

i'm not sure about this light but this is the way most if not all the newer whelen lights work

BlueLine Ent is our local expert on this stuff he should reply here soon....

hope this helps

3. sld92e_23

sld92e_23 Member
    from Boston

Thanks you for the help:) Although it was the yellow wire to the red (power) I was afraid to blow fuses trying, but it all worked out...Thanks again for the input though

4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Yellow wire :)

5. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

dman you haha you got this before i did blueline j/p

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Its Puple on Hide-a-ways :D

7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

its brown on my responder lp..... but then again i think i got an odd ball....

8. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Its different on different things such as LED heads, power supplies, lightsbars etc. But its not purple on hideaways, thats the low power. If yours is purple, someone put the pins in wrong, or its an old supply.

9. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

purple on my csp690 is hi/low pwoer

10. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

white w/brown on my 9004 and yellow on my csp690 to change the pattern. purple on both of them for hi/low power

11. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

White with a Purple Stripe on the Whelen Liberty...

12. phillups66

phillups66 Junior Member

whelen install guides

If you go to www.whelen.com and click on automotive and then literature there is a tab for installation guides. You can then select the product that you have. Most of the newer products such as the avenger or even some of the newer mini LED light bars have a scanlock or flash pattern button right on the cig. plug. Also on most of the LED products the white with a violet trace is the scan lock wire and the gray wire is a sync wire if you have 2 or more lights that need to be synced together.