1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Finding Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mysonisarhino, Dec 27, 2013.

1. mysonisarhino

mysonisarhino Junior Member

I was plowing yesterday ('95 Wrangler with a Meyer e-47 pump). Everything was fine. Then it quit on me. The plow will not raise or angle right or left. The solenoid just clicks when I press the joystick up, left, or right and the pump motor does nothing. I get a voltage reading on the motor solenoid on the battery side, but I couldn't get a reading on the motor solenoid wiring going to pump when the joystick is pressed. However, when the joystick is moved, the coils have magnetism. When the joystick is in the down position, I can manually push the pump piston down. I checked both pump filters and they look very
    clean. I never tore a pump apart, so I thought I'd ask here to help narrow the problem down a little further. Any help is appreciated.
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Jump the solenoid, if plow works then it is most likely time for solenoid. If plow doesn't work, you need a new motor. You can also check the white wire on the solenoid for power on the solenoid. No power means control or wiring issue.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes. Try jumping the solenoid. Jumper cables from pos batt to pos plow. I'm thinking your solenoid.is dead
  4. MetzEnterprizez

MetzEnterprizez Junior Member

Solenoid. Im replacing mine today too for the same symptoms.
  5. mysonisarhino

mysonisarhino Junior Member

Thanks guys. I'll give that a shot tonight when I get home.